The Impact Of New Technology On Mass Media
June 16, 2018
Technology is everywhere you see. It is controlling our daily lives in such a way, that staying away from technology for even one day, might be too much difficult for us. It has engulfed everything on its way – from the way we speak, the way we talk and the way we see. Things like mobiles phones, laptops, televisions, etc. have become an integral part of our lives. But how is it affecting the Mass Media? A small example is smartphones. With smartphones, you get notifications of all the latest news in one instant. You can even watch product reveal these days or even various conferences on YouTube Live. That’s how much technology has changed in the last couple of years. Following are some of the ways, technology is impacting Mass Media.
Changing Face Of Mass Media By Technology
- Accessibility : Technology has made it possible for media houses to broadcast and report news and other types of high-value content, with the help of apps on smartphones. This, in turn, would reach to consumers faster than normal ways, like newspapers, or magazines. Television has also been a key factor in bringing this revolution.
- Use Of Social Media Platforms : Nowadays, media houses are using social media, like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, to transfer faster news in the process. Many media houses are also resorting to unfair means like Instagram likes kaufen – which means, they are buying Instagram likes so that their news or pages always stay on top of people’s news feed.
- Engagement : With the help of social media, these media houses are increasing their engagements, so that more feedbacks could be received. These user feedbacks will help at a future date, in improving their service and making it more better for the public.
- Podcasting : Podcasting is a perfect way to stream only audio, via phones or even your computers. People listening to podcasts can listen to nice discussions about politics, national issues, finance, etc. and thus improve their knowledge on something that is very much relevant, during that specific
- Streaming, Facebook Live And YouTube Live : Streaming is a new rage, which puts a person straight into the heart of the action. Let’s say you stay in New Jersey, USA, and the new iPhone is getting revealed in another state, i.e. California, USA. You can just simply follow the reveal via YouTube Live or Facebook Live. That’s how easy it is now.